Balogun Adedayo's

Portfolio

Do you give yourself the freedom to step away from work?

Leave a Comment


I’ve been reflecting on the idea of what freedom and empowerment
looks like for me in the workplace 



What I really like about entrepreneurship is the idea of being your
own boss and the freedom it gives me, to do what I need to do
whenever I need to do it. When I was working as part of a larger
organization, I really respected the business owners because
they just let me get on to do what I had to do to deliver results and
more importantly be empowered to fail. For me, I trust my self
unconditionally and I developed myself to do what I can to make productive, as
long as the work gets done. The flip side of working for me
is that I don’t give myself enough freedom to not work and spend
more time on my own! 



So what does freedom look like in your work place? I knew a leader
who used to feel anxious if team members spent too much time
at lunch!


With all this talk about agility in businesses, how empowered
is your team to make a call on something not within their remit?
How much freedom do they have to move away from “The Plan’
to be truly agile? What does freedom to ‘think outside the box’
look like? And most importantly, do they feel free?



As a leader, do you give yourself the freedom to step away from
work to take be relaxed and feel a little bit of peace so your team can do the same?

I know I need to spend more time relaxing and not getting too worked up because I know
that’s when I will get the best ideas!






Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment